A CHARITY walk/run commemorating one of the brightest young talents ever produced at Heywood Cricket Club will be staged again in March.
The TH96 Charity Challenge remembers all-rounder Tom Hardman, who came through the youth ranks at Crimble, graduated to the Lancashire Cricket Club Academy and played for the county’s age group sides and eventually the 2nd X1.
He went on to play for Middleton in the Central Lancashire League and was tipped for an even brighter future before tragedy struck when he was a third-year student at Leeds Metropolitan University, as he passed away suddenly at the age of just 21 owing to an undiagnosed heart condition.
Following his death, his family set up the TH96 Run to raise funds for C-R-Y (Cardiac Risk in the Young), a charity which aims to support families of young people with heart conditions. A total of £15,000 was raised by the event last year
This year’s walk/run will take place on Saturday, March 26th (10am). The first stage is from Rochdale CC to Norden CC (2.4 miles); the second stage is Norden CC to Heywood CC (2.6 miles); and the final leg is Heywood CC to Middleton CC (four miles).
You can enter on your own or in teams of up to six. All participants will be given a free TH96 t-shirt to wear during the race.
To enter, please fill in the PDF (click the link below) and return to: Th96run@hotmail.com by March 5th. There is a minimum sponsorship of £25 per runner.
For more information, check out the Lancashire Cricket Club facebook page TH96 RUN or Twitter page @TH96RUN.
- Heywood Enter Team Into TH96 CLL Charity Challenge
- Charity Game In Memory Of Tom Hardman @ Crimble
- Lemons v Patio XIs, Sunday, 1pm
- Teams For Weekend On Rochdale Heartbeat Day
- Keith Slater: Aussie Legends Penned My Heywood Cricket Club Deal
- Cross Red Hot In Rain Affected Enfield Clash – Tough Opener Ahead At Towncroft
- Date And Time For Tom’s Funeral
- First XI Table, Results And Fixtures
- Heywood Look To Bounce Back In Style
- Wood Cup Final Reports (1993)