The Club plays its first game in the exciting set-up at home to Glossop on Saturday, April 16 (12.30). And rumours that the Crimble ground itself might not be ready have been firmly dispelled.
Roger Smethurst, a member of the hard-working ground crew at the Club, said: “We are full steam ahead for the start of the season.
“The new square is looking good and not holding any water. The rest of the ground, like nearly all clubs in the area, suffered after the really wet winter but it is now ready for a cut to bring it up to the required standard.
“And we are also in the process of resiting the nets and stanchions on the outfield in the hope of getting some practice on the grass itself.
“The improved weather forecast will bring on the whole area in leaps and bounds, and our groundsman Rob Bennett is not anticipating any problems whatsoever.”
Crimble will also see action the day after the opening Premier game, with the 3rd X1 at home to Unsworth on Sunday, April 17 (2pm), in the Sunday North East Division.
The 2nd X1 start their campaign on the same day as the first team, and are away to Denton West (1pm).
Starting times vary according to the number of overs allocated to games in different divisions.
Meanwhile, the senior side get into pre-season action with friendlies at Middleton on Saturday, April 9, and the following day take on 2015 Central Lancashire League champions Norden at Crimble.
The second team’s friendly schedule is at home to Bamford Fieldhouse on April 9, then against Norden at Woodhouse Lane the next day.
- Middleton, Norden Pre-Season Friendlies
- Teams For The Weekend, Beer Festival And Lytham Directions
- Rain Ruins Pre-Season Friendlies
- Middleton Friendly Off, Home Friendlies Threatened
- T20 And Norden Ahead For Firsts In Big Weekend Of Cricket
- Teams For The Weekend
- Burton Cup The Big Draw At Crimble This Weekend
- Norden, Oldham, Bamford – A Feast Of Testing Cricket Ahead
- Heywood CC Teams For The Weekend
- Maguire Returns For Heywood, Andy Dawson Also In Team To Face Norden.