TOM Hardman, one of the most talented players to come through the junior system at Heywood CC, has tragically died at the age of 21. He would have been 22 on Monday, December 3.
He was found on Wednesday in his room at Leeds Metropolitan University, where he was taking a BSc in Sports and Exercise Sciences.
Tom played for most of the junior teams at Crimble and went on to become a key member of the first team, before going on to take a professional post in the Ribblesdale League despite his tender years.
Tom also became a member of the Lancashire Academy, and was so highly thought of that he played some games for the county’s Second XI side.
He played for Middleton in the Central Lancashire League last season, but was always still a regular face at Crimble, where he had so many friends.
Our deepest sympathies go to his Mum and Dad, Margaret and Richard, and the rest of his family at what is a dreadful time for them.
Details of the funeral will be posted when available.
- Lancashire Women, Kenya To Play @ Crimble
- 2016 TH96 Charity Challenge
- Confirmation: Burton Cup Final At Crimble
- Passing Of George Kitchen
- Middleton, Norden Pre-Season Friendlies
- Charity Game In Memory Of Tom Hardman @ Crimble
- Kaye Closes In On 90-wicket Mark
- BURTON CUP FINAL: Victory Would Give Smethurst Greatest Pleasure
- Fare: Something Had To Change To Halt Rapid Decline
- Junior Registration Night On Thursday, 7pm @ Crimble