YOUTH cricket is being given special attention at Crimble following the first meeting of the newly-formed Junior Cricket Sub Committee.
There are many issues to be addressed, and chairman Matt Hilton said: “Hopefully, we can make a difference very much for the better. But we need to prioritise and hope that the following decisions show that we have taken the first small steps in making progress in the right direction.
“Meanwhile, anyone who has any constructive suggestions that we can take a look at should contact Steve McHugh via this announcement on the website. Or contact our vice-chairman Mikey Grogan via Facebook and Twitter.”
* Junior training night – it was unanimously decided by the Junior Committee to revert back to Tuesdays. It was felt that this might also encourage some of the club’s qualified coaches to return and give their help.
* Presentation night – this will be a joint affair for Juniors and Seniors in the clubhouse on Saturday, October 8th (7.30pm). The Cricket Committee will decide, in consultation with team managers, who will receive the junior awards.
* Winter coaching – this will again be staged at Siddal Moor, with dates to be announced.
* Heywood Charities Fete – Lesley Morley is hoping to arrange a float to join in the Fete on Sunday, September 4. She is looking for volunteers to help decorate the float (in Sexton Street, near St James’ Church) from 10am. The float would then leave Heywood Centre at 1pm. Contact Lesley on 07772-555917.
* Junior registration night 2017: This will be in the clubhouse on Thursday, March 30th (7pm).