Ross Zelem entertained his home crowd with a superb hundred in the CLL Under-18s defeat of the Bolton League at Crimble yesterday.
Zelem was simply splendid, continuing to impress with his ability to punish anything short of a length, and finished on 103 not out as his side chased down 181 for victory in front of a sun-drenched and appreciative crowd.
He rarely looked in trouble and even when he was in his 20s, one visiting player remarked upon how impressed he was with the young Heywood opener.
He was well supported by Monton and Weaste’s Ben Chapman, who finished with a half century.
Earlier, Humza Naeem had finished with four wickets for the CLL, while Andy Dawson also bowled tightly.
- Lovell Shines As Under-18s Get Off To Winning Start
- Heywood v Milnrow: Update And Pics And Three Victories
- Kings Of Swing And Dawson Power Send Heywood Into Wood Cup Semis
- Zelem Leaves For Leigh, Opening Spot Available
- Heywood XI Cruise To Opening Day Victory At Freezing Crimble
- Heywood CC Under-13s Show Up Well In Indoor Comp
- Jennings’ Late Burst Leaves Heywood Stunned
- Zelem Finds Top Form To Overhaul Clifton
- Cross Back To Top Form To Help Heywood Crush Middleton
- Big Runs Set Up Semi-Final Clash For Talented Under-18s