Great tribute has been paid to the club from the umpires at Heywood CC seconds’ game against Werneth on Saturday.
It was the only game to be played in the CLL, and it was well worth it as a good crowd enjoyed an excellent game played in a cracking spirit between the two sides, which Heywood eventually won by 18 runs.
Secretary Gwen Edwards has been contacted by Alan Wright, who quoted the report of the umpires after the game.
They said: ”The ground staff and players of Heywood should be congratulated on the fantastic effort that was made to get the game played on Sunday.
“The effort put in by everyone was absolutely amazing and showed the dedication of the ground and playing staff to the game of cricket.
“Well done everyone at Heywood.”
It’s hard to improve on that, but thanks have to go to everyone who works on maintaining Crimble, with special mention going to Tom McGoldrick, Rick Purser and Roger Smethurst for all their work on Sunday morning.
I for one thought it was a great game and showcased the spirit running through the club.
- BURTON CUP FINAL: Victory Would Give Smethurst Greatest Pleasure
- Thousands Enjoy Bonfire And Enjoy What Heywood CC Has To Offer
- Heywood Aim To Build On Success Of Natwest Cricketforce 2012
- Under-15s Continue To Improve As They Conquer Unsworth
- Heywood Seconds Conquer Weather Then Tame Werneth
- Fare: Something Had To Change To Halt Rapid Decline
- Durant Cricket Donate Nets And Cover For Crimble Improvement
- Middleton Youth Band Entertain @ Crimble
- Hamish: No Restrictions Mean I Can Really Get Stuck Into A Spell
- STATEMENT: Work Continuing To Get Square Back To Best