A FLAVOUR of the new cricket season comes to Crimble on Sunday.
England’s bid to lift the World Twenty20 Cup in the final against the West Indies will be shown on the TV in the lounge at Heywood Cricket Club, who are hoping for a good turn-out to generate plenty of atmosphere!
The pre-match coverage starts on Sky TV at 1.30pm, the bar will be opened earlier than usual at 2pm and the game itself starts at 2.30pm.
The is the second initiative arranged by the newly formed Social Committee and follows on the success of early Sunday opening for the recent Manchester soccer derby.
Food will be available, and Lesley Morley, speaking on behalf of the Social Committee, said: “If anyone would like to bring along a ‘sharing food platter’ for nibbles during the game please do so – let’s make an afternoon of it!”
Those attending for the first time since the new swipe card system was introduced at the bar should remember to bring along their card for members’ prices. If you have not yet received your card, it can be picked up via the bar staff.
The occasion should whet appetites for the new local season. Friendly games come the following weekend at Middleton and at home to Norden (Saturday and Sunday, April 9 and 10 respectively), followed by the debut opener at home to Glossop on April 16 (12.30) in the newly-formed Greater Manchester League.
- Junior Registration And Derby Day Rivalry
- Heywood CC Book Club To Launch
- Family Fun Day @ Crimble, Monday, May 2
- Early Friendly For Heywood CC
- OPINION: Why Paying Amateurs Feels So Abhorrent
- Huge Thanks For Successful Family Fun Day @ Crimble
- Pre-season Friendly Announced for Heywood CC Under-13s
- Sky Sports @ Heywood CC In February
- Strong And Youthful Side To Face Lancashire Under-19s
- Durant Cricket Donate Nets And Cover For Crimble Improvement