Here’s hoping for lots of big scores big scores on the final weekend of the season – especially from Heywood and Middleton.
Both clubs have decided to donate any collections earned this weekend to Radcliffe pro Phil Hayes’ ‘Ironman’ triathlon this weekend.
Phil has been preparing for the event, held this weekend, to raise funds for Christie’s Hospital in Manchester.
Cancer charities are close to Phil’s heart, and Middleton captain Steve Davey has led the way in donating any money received from collections to Phil. Heywood captain Bobby Cross has been similarly touched by Phil’s bid.
Phil picked this Saturday for his fund-raising effort as when he decided to undergo the gruelling event, there was no game scheduled for this weekend.
However, with the game on April 22 being called off and being replayed on tomorrow, Phil and Radcliffe have been hit with some bad news from the CLL’s management.
They are not allowed to engage a sub pro for the trip to Walsden, and are going to be hit with a £250 fine for failure to play with a professional.
It would be great if the CLL community of players and fans could find a way to do the same thing as Middleton and Heywood and donate money to Phil’s cause and send a message to the league that there are bigger issues than rigidly sticking to the rules.
- Cross: Radcliffe Can Have A Big Say In Title Race
- T20s Abandoned – Replayed On June 25
- Heywood v Monton in T20 Quarters – FULL DRAW
- Table And Results From The Weekend
- Under-13s Too Hot For Radcliffe To Handle
- Weekend CLL Div 1 Results And Table
- Cross Steals The Show As Radcliffe Bow To Kaye And Maguire
- First XI Table, Results And Fixtures
- CLL Table And Results From 26/05/2012
- Great All-Round Effort Sees Under-11s Stay Top