HEYWOOD Cricket Club is hoping for lots of volunteers from 9am on Saturday (April 2).
The annual NatWest CricketForce day has become a vital part of the pre-season build-up, with a number of jobs identified to help ensure that Crimble remains the envy of other clubs.
The inaugural CricketForce in 2012 saw an army of members and supporters descend on Crimble to carry out vital work to the ground, surrounds and pavilion.
The occasion is now a traditional curtain-raiser to the new season, and this year comes a fortnight before the Club’s first game in the Greater Manchester Cricket League – at home to Glossop on April 16.
Roger Smethurst, a member of the Ground Committee, said: “This has become a very important day for the Club, and previous years have seen players and supporters get a number of jobs done that would otherwise take us months to complete.
“This year is no different and we want to impress that everyone who turns up can play a part. Families as a whole will be more than welcome and can make a contribution.
“For example, back in 2012 youngsters and others helped to whitewash the perimeter wall in what seemed like no time at all.”
CricketForce will again be sponsored by NatWest and food will be provided for all volunteers, with work getting under way from 9am.
Other jobs on the agenda besides the painting of the wall include:
+ Painting sightscreens.
+ Staining fences around the patio and on Fox’s bank.
+ Staining picnic tables on the patio.
+ Painting bench supports around the ground.
+ Repairing potholes on the car park.
+ Power washing the plastic seats in front of club.
+ Rebuilding the covers.
+ Tidying the artificial nets and refixing the netting.
+ Weeding the flower bed near the gate.
+ Cleaning, painting and cementing the terracing in front of the club.
+ Cleaning and painting the changing rooms.
+ Removing benches and slats from storage and placing them around the ground.
+ Portacabin to be cleaned and painted.
The club will ensure that sufficient paint, woodstain, gloves and other tools are available on the day.
- Rally Round For NatWest Cricketforce 2016
- Crimble Spick And Span After NatWest Cricketforce 2012
- Heywood Aim To Build On Success Of Natwest Cricketforce 2012
- Plenty of Graft At Pre-Season Natwest Cricketforce 2014
- Let’s Whitewash Existing Wall Record
- Heywood CC Set For Starring Role As National Showcase Club
- Crimble Looks Magic Ahead Of Major Day Of Graft For NatWest Cricketforce Day 2012 (ko 10am)
- Job List For Heywood CC Natwest Cricketforce Day 2012
- NatWest Cricketforce 2012 Day @ Crimble – As It Happens
- NatWest CricketForce This Sunday!