Heywood under-13s recorded their first win of the season after an excellent performance at Unsworth on Sunday.
Batting first, Heywood made 87 for seven with Keelan Nugent top scoring with an excellent 27 retired.
Also among the runs was Jack Morley with 12.
In reply Unsworth struggled to 51-7, Darius Henderson taking 2-3 off three overs and Billy Radcliffe taking 1-4 off three.
Jack Morley bowled a maiden in his only over and took two catches.
Coach John Heywood was delighted with the performance.
He said: “This was a vastly-improved performance on a shocking pitch.
“If we can show progression like this throughout the season then we will be able to compete well with every side in the league.
“We bowled and fielded very well indeed and this is more like the template required to progress in the game.
“Keelan laid the foundation, but under-11 Jack Morley just took the man-of-the-match with 12 runs, two catches and a maiden over.”
Heywood 82 for 7 (Keelan Nugent 27 no (ret), Jack Morley 12, Shoeb Zahid 5, Luqman Alam 6)
Unsworth 51 for 7 (Darius Henderson 2-3, Billy Radcliffe 1-4)
- Under 13s Teams v Unsworth, Clifton – UPDATE
- Under-13s v Norden, H, Sunday Ahead Of Burton Cup Semi-Final Clash
- Under-13s Too Hot For Radcliffe To Handle
- Heywood CC Under 13s v Littleborough, Sunday – AMENDED
- Unstoppable Under-13s All Contribute To Another Great Victory
- Under-13s Win Two In Two To Set Up Lancs KO Final Showdown
- All-Round Under-13s Show Too Much For Walsden
- Nugent Leads Heywood Under-15s To Littleborough Victory
- Youngsters Gain Valuable Experience In Third Team Defeat
- Team News And A Message For Under-13s