Heywood have re-signed pro Travis Townsend for the 2013 season.
The popular South African, 27, finished the season sixth in the pro batting averages with 740 runs at 46.25, and fourth in the bowling averages with 42 wickets at less than 12.
His best knock of the season was his magnificent 125 at Middleton early in the season, and he ended the year with some superb innings, culminating in 99 at home to Clifton.
I reckon if he learns from some of the poor pitches he played on last season and continues to hit straight down the ground, he’ll pile up the runs next season and we should have a 1200 run man on the cards.
When we signed Travis we expected his bowling to play a massive second fiddle to his batting, but this was certainly not the case.
He set the tone with four wickets in the opening defeat of Milnrow and at all times bowled straight, getting more than his fair share of lbws and bowleds. He would also have taken more wickets in nearly any other team in the league, but there were times he was not called upon because of the strength of the Heywood attack.
I am sure everyone will look forward to seeing him next season, and hopefully he can lead us to the CLL title. I’ve enjoyed his company, although what he thinks of me drunkenly criticising his choice of shot from time to time, I dread to think!
Enjoy the good weather in Cape Town, Trav.
- Heywood CC Review Of The Season – Part 3
- Cross: We Can Be Proud Of Our Achievements, But Slightly Frustrated
- Cross Back To Top Form To Help Heywood Crush Middleton
- Under-11s Make It Two In A Row With Excellent Effort Against Middleton
- First Team Review Of The Season – Part 1
- Edmeades Brilliance In Vain As Zelem And Townsend Set Up Heywood Victory
- Heywood CC v Enfield: Updates
- Crossy: I’m As Confident As I Have Been For A Long Time
- Townsend Back In Western Province Side
- Away To Middleton, Home To Milnrow