Last night’s (Wednesday’s) Taylor Cup semi-final clash between Heywood and Royton was abandoned without a ball being bowled.
However, the match has been re-arranged to next Wednesday at Crimble (unless I hear otherwise) which means we still have our chance of reaching the final.
I am usually critical of the league and their rules, but I received a phone call from Alan Wright yesterday and he said although there are no rules set for replaying an abandoned match, this would be allowed in this circumstance.
The same applies with the other semi-final at Rochdale.
The final is due to be played on Saturday 1 September.
- Table And Results From The Weekend
- Clubs To Help Radcliffe Pro In Cancer Charity Bid
- Dominant Firsts And Seconds Battle On For Precious League Points And Cup Glory
- CLL 2014 League Fixtures
- Heywood Under-18s V Royton, Taylor Cup Semi, Wednesday 6pm
- Big Weekend Beckons For Cross’ Men
- All Time Leading Amateur Run Scorers
- Perfect Weekend For Heywood To Re-discover Their Mojo
- Heywood v Monton in T20 Quarters – FULL DRAW
- Seconds Come Unstuck After Poor Performance With Ball