Heywood expect to announce the club’s new professional this week.
Cricket chairman David Fare has been keeping his cards close to his chest over the past month as he closes in on the successor to Travis Townsend, who leaves after two successful years at Crimble.
Fare was still guarded over who the new man would be, saying he expects to receive a signed contract early next week and will reveal the new name then and only then.
He added that should things proceed as plans, Heywood fans would be pleased with the signing of a player currently playing first-class cricket. With whom, however, we still do not know.
I will post when I find out exact details.
- Fare: We’re Closing In On New Professional
- BREAKING NEWS: Travis Townsend Named As New Heywood CC Pro
- Asif Zakir Named Heywood CC Pro For Hare Hill CLL Opener
- Behardien A Major Coup For Heywood
- Heywood In Hunt For New Professional
- Wicket Cut But Weather Still A Threat
- Heywood CC and John Willie Lees – A Match Made In Heaven
- Fawcett Stars Again As Young And Old Shine At Worsley
- Why NatWest Cricketforce 2012 Is Such A Big Deal for Heywood CC
- Royce Blight: Great Times And Great Celebrations