Bobby Cross hit the form he has been threatening with a superb century in the 169-run hammering of Oldham at a baked Crimble yesterday.
The Heywood skipper paced his innings perfectly to score an incredible 13th century for the club in front of an appreciative home crowd.
He finished on 154 not out and hardly seemed to break sweat, such was his mastery of the Oldham attack. It was his second highest score for Heywood, behind his 162 not out at Middleton in 2007.
It’s also the third highest score by a Heywood player – Rajat Bhatia scored 155 at Radcliffe in 2010 – and, as far as I can figure out, the highest score by an amateur in Crimble’s 91 year history.
Heywood finished on 261-2 and bowled Oldham out for just 92. Hamish Paterson took an excellent five wickets, destroying the top order, before Cross topped an already perfect day by taking the last wicket to fall.
Full report and pictures to come tomorrow.
R Cross not out 154
R Zelem lbw b Niaz 22
T Townsend c Hassan b Wasif 45
D Pawson not out 15
Total (for 2 wkts, 50 overs) 161
Fall of wickets: 1-72, 2-193
Wasif 17-2-81-1, Sheheryar 18-0-99-0, Niaz 15-0-62-1
Z Jatoi run out 12
M Birkett b Paterson 1
H Shereryar c Townsend b Paterson 0
M Hussain lbw b Kaye 24
W Assam c Grogan b Paterson 2
A Bajwa c Cross b Paterson 0
M Hassan b Lovell 11
C Taylor c Latham b Kaye 1
H Ramzan c Pawson b Paterson 27
S Wasif c Townsend b Cross 9
M Niaz not out 0
Total (28.1 overs) 92
Fall of wickets: 1-14, 2-14, 3-14, 4-16, 5-16, 6-54, 7-54, 8-67, 9-87, 10-92
Bowling: Paterson 11-3-28-5, Naeem 6-2-22-0, Lovell 6-1-22-1, Kaye 3-0-13-2, Slawson 2-0-7-0, Cross 0.1-0-0-1
- Huge Runs (And A Rare Wicket) As Cross Sets Another Record
- Heywood Happy To Escape Sorry Pollards With Five Points
- Heywood Crush Werneth To Confirm Gulf In Class
- Pictures And Scorecard From HCC v Royton – Weekend Report And Middleton Card And Pics To Come
- Pawson Sets Tone For Heywood CC’s Fourth Win In A Row
- Cross Masters Conditions, Then Townsend, Kaye Take Over
- Paterson’s Six Shooter Shatters Radcliffe’s Hopes
- Cross In Top Form As Heywood Cruise Past Flixton
- Cross Hits Form As Flixton Brushed Aside
- Clifton Exploit Heywood’s Lack Of Confidence