Heywood made it a fantastic four wins in a row with a 90-run demolition of Rochdale on Saturday.
Danny Pawson set the tone with another superb half-century, but Ross Zelem aside, Heywood’s batting was poor and 175 was well below par.
However, Humza Naeem continues to improve and his two key wickets of overseas amateur Byron Hancock and pro Malinda Warnapura set Heywood well on their way to victory.
The rest of the bowlers claimed two apiece to bowl Rochdale out for 85 and stake Heywood’s claim to be one of the favourites for the CLL title.
Full report to come tomorrow.
R Cross b Faulkner 0
R Zelem st Crabtree b Butterworth 47
T Townsend b Cryer 18
D Pawson st Crabtree b Butterworth 54
D Latham run out 0
L Grogan b Warnapura 6
H Naeem b Warnapura 9
J Lovell c Smith b Butterworth 9
H Paterson c Warnapura b Butterworth 11
R Slawson b Warnapura 1
C Kaye not out 0
Total (49.2 overs) 175
Fall of wickets: Harling 9-2-19-0, Faulkner 5-0-22-1, Cryer 6-1-10-1, Dawson 3-1-15-0, Butterworth 13.2-1-65-4, Warnapura 13-3-39-3
B Hancock b Naeem 0
A Smith c Townsend b Slawson 20
M Warnapura c and b Naeem 16
I Hague lbw b Townsend 4
D Cryer c Cross b Slawson 0
I Helliwell lbw b Lovell 17
A Dawson c Paterson b Townsend 2
G Butterworth c Cross b Kaye 15
M Harling not out 1
D Faulkner b Lovell 0
L Crabtree lbw b Kaye 0
Total (34 overs) 85
Fall of wickets: 1-1, 2-28, 3-40, 4-45, 5-49, 6-56, 7-84, 8-84, 9-84, 10-85
Bowling: Naeem 7-1-18-2, Slawson 11-3-35-2, Townsend 8-2-22-2, Kaye 6-3-10-2, Lovell 2-2-0-2.
Heywood won by 90 runs
- Dominant Heywood Make It Four Maximums In A Row
- Heywood Set Testing Target Of 159 In Tough Conditions
- Heywood Must Wait For Fate After T20 Thriller At Redbrook
- Rochdale Hold Nerve To Ease Past Heywood In T20
- Rochdale Inflict Fatal Blow To Heywood Title Hopes
- Heywood Look Back With Regret As Another Game Slips Through Their Fingers
- Distinct Lack Of Vigour As Shot-happy Dale Beat Heywood
- Heywood Struggle Again As Rochdale Ease To Second Win In 24 Hours
- Pawson Masterclass Puts Heywood On Road To First Victory
- Flawless Cross Keeps Heywood Rolling