Heywood under-15s warmed up for their regional National KO Cup final with a mauling of Walsden.
Captain Ben Thulborn lost the toss but his bowlers responded well to restrict a frankly disappointing visiting side to 83-8 off their 20 overs.
None of the home bowlers shone against a Walsden side that didn’t want to play straight, and they bowled far too many wides.
In fact, they seemed to lose concentration as they realised there was nothing to fear from the visitors and really, if they’d had their game heads on and bowled straight, would have restricted them to 60 or less.
However, Thulborn finished with 4-18, while there were wickets for Harry Bevan, Morgan Kay and James Mills.
Heywood strolled to their target.
Kay retired first on 30, mixing some excellent shots through the leg-side with some flaky attempts at shots on the offside, but he did well to maintain his concentration in the face of a less than focused effort from the fielding side.
Thulborn also retired with 31, leading his side almost to their target before retiring. Keelan Nugent and Danny James showed some urgency in their running to see Heywood home at 84-1.
It makes it four league wins in a row and seven unbeaten in total, but Heywood will have to be more switched on and alert when facing Royton tomorrow (Saturday), start 6pm.
Members are reminded the club will open at 5pm.
- Nugent Leads Heywood Under-15s To Littleborough Victory
- Thulborn 50 Leads Heywood Under-15s To Another Victory
- Under-15s Continue To Improve As They Conquer Unsworth
- Unstoppable Under-13s All Contribute To Another Great Victory
- Brilliant Under-18s Pull Off Superb Run Chase
- Clinical Victory For On-Song Under-15s
- Confident Under-15s Extend Unbeaten Start To Season At Clifton
- Under-13s Too Hot For Radcliffe To Handle
- Bowlers Set Up Victory Over Good Norden Side
- Under-15s Fail To Build On Solid Start