Heywood include two first-team debutants in the side for the first pre-season friendly at Enfield on Sunday.
Liam Mason has arrived from Royton to provide yet more youthful vigour to a potentially exciting top order, while there is also a welcome debut in the first team for England star Kate Cross.
Cross will become the fourth member of her family to play in the first team, and she moves a step closer to becoming the first female cricketer to play in a CLL first XI side.
Also included in the side is veteran Chris Kaye, who is, according to sources close to the leading Heywood CC wicket-taker, still mulling over the possibility of playing first team cricket again this season.
Heywood will be captained by Dale Latham, who will also keep wicket, while the pace attack looks very capable in the hands of the Dawson brothers Andy and Simon, young left-arm prospect James Mills, as well as Cross.
Heywood CC (v Enfield, a. Meet 12pm, 1.30pm start) D Latham (c/ wk), B Cross, L Mason, A Dawson, W Hunt, B Thulborn, C Booth, S Dawson, C Kaye, K Cross, J Mills.
- Plenty Of Positives From Comfortable Enfield Victory
- Mason Shows True Form, But Dale Target Too Tough For Heywood
- Four Return For Big Weekend For Club
- Heywood Make Heavy Work Of Beating Enfield
- Kate Cross Strikes Key Blows – But It’s Business As Usual From Cross Snr And Kaye
- Teams For Weekend
- Pawson: It’s Been A Good Start, But Everyone Must Stay Grounded
- Cross, Cross And Dawson A Shine In Towncroft Win
- Heartbreak For Heywood As Burnley Edge Lancs KO Cup Thriller
- Kate Cross Returns To Lead Heywood To Easy Royton Victory