Oldham were at the centre of Hurricane Humza at the Pollards last night.
Heywood’s talented paceman Humza Naeem claimed the extraordinary figures of 8-9 off five overs as the club’s under-18s bowled out Oldham for just 15 runs, winning by the incredible margin of 127 runs.
And it that wasn’t amazing enough, all eight of his victims (and all 13 that fell in the game) were bowled and Humza retired on 33 too!
It would be easy to say the opponents were extremely poor, but they weren’t. The wicket was low, but Heywood were just way too strong for a home side who have plenty of time to develop and played with good spirit, despite hard times at the club.
Heywood posted a total of 142 thanks to a superior innings of 30 retired from first-team opener Ross Zelem, as well as 30s from Wes Hunt and Naeem.
Skipper Andy Dawson picked up the other two wickets to fall as Oldham were blown away thanks to Naeem’s devastating spell.
Credit must go to everyone involved with Oldham at the moment. They made us all welcome, were friendly and are trying to keep the club going despite the many on and off field problems they are facing.
I know the pizzas went down well with the lads. With support off the field like that, I hope Oldham can get back to their former glories.
A Dawson b Stanley 14
J Lovell b Stanley 4
D Fawcett b A Joy 12
R Zelem ret 30
H Naeem ret 33
W Hunt ret 30
C Openshaw not out 6
S Jones not out 7
Total (for 3 wickets, 20 overs) 142
Bowling: Aziz 4-0-24-0, Stanley 5-0-44-2, Davis-Rice 5-0-29-0, A Joy 5-1-38-1, Lally 1-0-7-0.
R Joy b Naeem 1
D Stanley b Naeem 0
J Malia b Dawson 2
S McBride b Naeem 4
A Joy b Naeem 0
A Lally b Dawson 1
B Davis-Rice b Naeem 2
M Aziz not out 4
R Nawaz b Naeem 0
J Robinson b Naeem 0
I Hussan b Naeem 0
Total (all out, 10 overs) 15
Bowling: Dawson 5-2-6-2, Naeem 5-3-9-8.
- Under-18s Set Up Rochdale Clash After Demolishing Royton
- Heywood Happy To Escape Sorry Pollards With Five Points
- University Are Too Strong For Heywood
- Under-18s Finally Beat Weather To Record Third Victory
- Easy Win As Under-18s Cruise Into Taylor Cup Quarters
- Pawson Sets Tone For Heywood CC’s Fourth Win In A Row
- Jennings’ Late Burst Leaves Heywood Stunned
- Cross Back To Top Form To Help Heywood Crush Middleton
- Pitch-Perfect Cross Makes Another Piece Of Crimble History (I Think)
- Bowlers Set Up Crucial Win To Keep Heywood In The Hunt