Heywood CC’s captain and chairman enjoyed their day at Lord’s recently at the ECB’s OSCAs ceremony.
The club had won the LCB’s Natwest Cricketforce award for 2012 after the brilliant efforts over the winter and throughout the year at Crimble.
This earned us a place at the main event at the home of cricket, but sadly we did not win the main award.
Bobby Cross and his uncle Bob represented the club.
Bobby said: “The awards was excellent. We were given a tour of Lord’s, had a lovely lunch with plenty of wine.
“Jonathan Agnew MC’d the awards and they brought up a different guest to present each award and Agnew interviewed them for a few minutes before the winner was announced.
“Guests included Michael Vaughan, Andrew Strauss, Charlotte Edwards, Jonny Bairstow, Mike Gatting, Clare Connor, Minister for Sport Hugh Robertson MP, David Collier and Hugh Morris.
“It was very enjoyable. We didn’t win but in reality there could have been thousands of others who also do a lot of voluntary work sat there so it was nice to have just been invited to be a part of it all.”
- Heywood CC Nominated Again For OSCA’s – Places Available!
- Heywood Ready For OSCAs At Lord’s
- OSCAs Success As Heywood Named Natwest Cricketforce Club Of The Year
- Two Nominations At LCB OSCAs
- New Year’s Eve 2012 @ Crimble – Tickets Just £5!
- Crimble Spick And Span After NatWest Cricketforce 2012
- Heywood Under-18s V Royton, Taylor Cup Semi, Wednesday 6pm
- Passing Of George Kitchen
- Join Heywood CC Glitterati At Michael Vaughan Evening
- Let’s Whitewash Existing Wall Record