Cricket chairman David Fare says he is on the brink of signing next year’s professional.
As usual, David won’t reveal the name of the player he is after, especially as he says there are a couple of Lancashire League clubs also interested.
But it is thought the player – a recent Antipodean international – is favouring signing for Heywood.
David said: “I am optimistic we will complete the signing soon.
“I have stipulated that we need a professional who can commit for the season, and the player we are talking to is keen to do that and get involved in all aspects of the club.
“He would be an excellent signing for us.”
Heywood struggled for stability last season following the departure of Farhaan Behardien after the Wood Cup defeat of Monton.
We had to engage sub professionals in Jamie How and Cobus Pienaar, Mohammad Jamal and Andrea Agathangelou who all did well, but it wasn’t until Tom Cullen settled in that the team really clicked again.
- Behardien A Major Coup For Heywood
- Pienaar And How Pros For The Weekend
- Asif Zakir Named Heywood CC Pro For Hare Hill CLL Opener
- New Pro Announcement Imminent, Says Former Chairman
- BREAKING NEWS: Travis Townsend Named As New Heywood CC Pro
- Heywood In Hunt For New Professional
- Fare Steps Down At AGM With Heywood CC On The Rise
- Former Chairman Is All Round Hit
- Various Heywood Cricket Club Team Pictures
- Heywood CC and John Willie Lees – A Match Made In Heaven