There’s a chance to watch cricket from a bygone era at Crimble on Tuesday.
With the weather forecast set for hot, Lancashire over-60s entertain Cheshire in a big clash with egos at stake.
Former chairman David Fare is playing for Lancashire and presuming no one gets after him – and his frame holds up – is expected to bowl his full stint of nine overs.
There’ll also be a chance to catch up with a former Heywood player playing for Cheshire.
Bob Yardley played for Heywood firsts and seconds between 1985 and 1988, taking plenty of wickets with his medium pacers.
He is looking forward to meeting some of his former team-mates and friends from the club.
The match starts at 1.30pm.
- Heywood Look Forward To Bury Fixtures – 1pm Start
- Cricket Meeting Called By David Fare To Discuss League Re-structuring
- Zelem Leaves For Leigh, Opening Spot Available
- Fare Steps Down At AGM With Heywood CC On The Rise
- BREAKING NEWS: Travis Townsend Named As New Heywood CC Pro
- Heywood CC AGM @ Crimble – 7.45pm, Tuesday 29 January
- Fare: We’re Closing In On New Professional
- Royce Blight: Great Times And Great Celebrations
- Why NatWest Cricketforce 2012 Is Such A Big Deal for Heywood CC
- All Time Leading Amateur Run Scorers