Well, the weather seems to have settled down a little ahead of a big game for Heywood’s first and second teams as they look for cup honours today.
The first XI travel to Milnrow for a tough Wood Cup game against the in-form side in the league at the moment. Pro Babar Naeem – well known to Heywood fans – is in prime form with bat and ball and has turned a side who looked destined to finish in the bottom four into a team capable of winning honours.
The game at Ladybarn starts at 1.30pm.
The seconds, meanwhile, are at home to Royton as they go in search of their first honours since Andy Greenwood led the side to Burton Cup glory in 1996.
The only player remaining from that team and era is current captain Roger Smethurst, who has had to endure some poor seasons but now has a very strong team at his disposal.
This match, at Crimble, also starts at 1.30pm.
Heywood First XI: R Cross (c), R Zelem, D Pawson, D Latham, A Dawson, R Slawson, J Lovell, H Naeem, H Paterson, C Kaye, T Townsend.
Heywood Second XI: From - R Smethurst (c), P Dawson, S Dawson, D Fawcett, S Burrill, W Hunt, C Booth, R Purser, S Jones, S Byrne, M Grogan, L Grogan, C Maguire
- BURTON CUP FINAL: Heywood CC v Middleton
- A Day To Forget For Heywood In Heavy Crimble Defeat
- UPDATED: Heywood CC Teams For The Weekend
- BURTON CUP FINAL: Shocking Start Paves Way For Middleton Victory
- Heywood Fail To Find Boundaries As Walsden Cash In
- Naeem Fit For CLL Season Opener
- Seconds’ Bowling Too Strong For Timid Villagers
- T20 And Norden Ahead For Firsts In Big Weekend Of Cricket
- Lovell And Paterson To Face Bury In Season Opener
- Title Out Of Seconds’ Hands After Dismal Royton Defeat