The other is a former England captain.
Heywood CC skipper Bobby Cross is pictured with Michael Vaughan at Thursday night’s Rochdale Rotary Club dinner with the former England skipper at the Norton Grange Hotel in Castleton.
Money raised on the night went towards the provision of youth cricket coaching in Rochdale and ten Heywood members made the sure the club was well represented.
Cross said: “The dinner was very good, ten of us from the club went which was great as the proceeds from the dinner went towards the provision of youth cricket coaching in the Rochdale area.
“That is a huge boost for us as part of Chance2Shine and will ensure that more children in the area have access to coaching.
“Michael Vaughan was excellent, very open and honest about how good he feels the current England side have been and will become, particularly in the bowling department, and he gave his time for nothing as a gesture to the cause.
“I think everyone had a good night and it was great to see Heywood Cricket Club so well represented.”
Thanks to John Rhodes for the photo.
- Join Heywood CC Glitterati At Michael Vaughan Evening
- Heywood CC Nominated Again For OSCA’s – Places Available!
- Good Day Out At The Home Of Cricket
- OSCAs Success As Heywood Named Natwest Cricketforce Club Of The Year
- Rotary Club of Rochdale – An Evening With Michael Vaughan
- New Under-9s Side In Safe Hands Of England Ace Kate
- Heywood Cricket Club To Give Local Children A Chance to Shine
- Grogan Has Reasons To Be Cheerful With Momentous Year Ahead
- Support Heywood Cricket Club Race Night For Junior Cricket
- Who Wants It Most? Keith Warren On Exciting Times At Crimble