A couple of things I have forgotten to mention as work has taken a bit of a grip recently.
Firstly, Clifton’s proposal to annul the decision of going to two, eight team division was voted out at the recent CLL AGM.
The decision to split the league in two was agreed last year, but Clifton, who had support from other clubs in the second division for 2013, wanted to overturn this.
However, how this will fare should Oldham drop out of the league is anyone’s guess. The Pollards club are in deep trouble, and reports are that no work has been done on the ground since the end of the season and they are struggling desperately for funds. My views are well known and they can be found here.
The other news is we have drawn Unsworth away in the Wood Cup. A trip to noisy Pole Lane beckons, while the seconds, last year’s losing finalists, will host the Bury side. I’ll post dates and a full draw when I get them.
If we win, we’ll get a home tie with the winner of the Middleton and Crompton clash.
The incentive is really there this year to get back the trophy we dominated in the 2000s, with the final this year being staged at Crimble.
Hopefully, I’ll be doing much more on the site again soon work permitting. So if there are any stories you want to share let me know.
I’ll be going back through Vernon Connolly’s old files at some stage, trying to dig out some more gems from the past.
- Heywood To Face Flixton At Crimble In LCB KO Cup 1st Round
- Heywood Open Season With Visit Of Milnrow
- Change In The CLL – What It Means And A Thought On The Future
- Chanceless Cross Makes Light Work Of Unsworth
- Two Divisions And Other Changes Proposed Ahead Of Crunch League Meeting
- Heywood v Monton in T20 Quarters – FULL DRAW
- Teams For Weekend, And Sunday Opening At 6pm
- Heywood Look Forward To Bury Fixtures – 1pm Start
- Early Friendly For Heywood CC
- Lovell And Paterson To Face Bury In Season Opener