The club’s former chairman showed he is not ready to hand over his crown as Heywood’s all-time record wicket taker without a fight.
David Fare proved there is life in the old dog yet with an excellent performance for Lancashire Over-60s in their Roses clash with Yorkshire at Colne this week.
Better known as a bowler – but for those who played with him, also a determined top and middle-order batsman – David hit 48 from number eight as Lancs finished well short of Yorkshire’s 225-5 on 167-7.
Earlier, he had been one of the better bowlers for the home side, finishing with 2-40 off his nine overs.
Fare has hinted that he could still extend his lead over Chris Kaye as the club’s leading amateur wicket taker (Kaye needs 14 more to deservedly claim the title) but as Heywood doesn’t have a fourth team, and wickets would not count if they did, it seems likely Kaye will soon overhaul this record.
- All Time Leading Amateur Wicket Takers
- All Time Leading Amateur Run Scorers
- Huge Finish To Season At Crimble On Sunday
- Fawcett Stars Again As Young And Old Shine At Worsley
- Fare Steps Down At AGM With Heywood CC On The Rise
- Fare: We’re Closing In On New Professional
- BURTON CUP FINAL: Victory In The Summer Of ’96 … And GOD
- New Pro Announcement Imminent, Says Former Chairman
- Teams For The Weekend
- Heywood In Hunt For New Professional